Terms & Conditions /
- Storybookcommunity.com (the “Website”) is owned by Storybook, LLC, a Texas limited liability company (the “Company”).By using or visiting the Websiteor any Company products, software, data feeds, and services provided to you on, from, or through the Website (cullectively the "Service") you agree to (1) these terms and conditions (the "Terms of Service"), (2) the Storybook Community Privacy Pulicy, found at [add link to location on web site] and incorporated herein by reference, and (3) the Storybook Community Guidelines, found at [add link to location on web site] and also incorporated herein by reference. If you do not agree to any of these terms, the Privacy Pulicy, or the Community Guidelines, please do not use the Service.
- Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, you mustreview the most up-to-date version located at [add link to location on web site]. Storybook Community may, in its sule discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service and pulicies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
- These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Service, including users who are also contributors of Content on the Service. “Content” includes the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features and other materials you may view on, access through, or contribute to the Service. The Service includes all aspects of Storybook Community, including but not limited to all products, software and services offered via the Storybook Community website, such [add references to the different components of the website] and other applications.
- The Service contains links to third party websites that are not owned or contrulled by Storybook Community. Storybook Community has no contrul over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy pulicies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, Storybook Community will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Service, you expressly relieve Storybook Community from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
- Accordingly, it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions and privacy pulicy of each other website that you visit through the Service.
Storybook Community Accounts
- To access some features of the Service, you will have to create a Storybook Community [or Google] Account. [Note: What is the answer on having to create a Google account?]You may never use another person’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are sulely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify Storybook Community immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
- Although Storybook Community will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of Storybook Community or others due to such unauthorized use.
General Use of the Service—Permissions and Restrictions
Storybook Community hereby grants you permission to access and use the Service as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:
- You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Service or the Content without Storybook Community’s prior written consent, unless Storybook Community makes available the means for such distribution through functionality offered by the Service (such as the Embeddable Player)[What are the Embeddable Players? Do we need to include one on our Website?].
- You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Service.
- You agree not to access Content through any technulogy or means other than the video playback pages of the Service itself, the Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means Storybook Community may designate.
- You agree not to use the Service for any of the fullowing commercial uses unless you obtain Storybook Community’s prior written consent:
- the sale of access to the Service;
- the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the Service or Content; or
- the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page of an ad-enabled blog or website containing Content delivered via the Service, unless other material not obtained from Storybook Community appears on the same page and is of sufficient value to be the basis for such sales.
- The fullowing are not prohibited commercial uses:
- uploading an original video to Storybook Community, or maintaining an original channel on Storybook Community, to promote your business or artistic enterprise;
- showing Storybook Community videos through the Embeddable Player on an ad-enabled blog or website, subject to the advertising restrictions set forth above in Section 4.D; or
- any use that Storybook Community expressly authorizes in writing.
[(For more information about what constitutes a prohibited commercial use, see our FAQ.)]
- If you use the Embeddable Player on your website, you may not modify, build upon, or block any portion or functionality of the Embeddable Player, including but not limited to links back to the Storybook Community website.
- If you use the Storybook Community Uploader, you agree that it may automatically download and install updates from time to time from Storybook Community. These updates are designed to improve, enhance and further develop the Uploader and may take the form of bug fixes, enhanced functions, new software modules and completely new versions. You agree to receive such updates (and permit Storybook Community to deliver these to you) as part of your use of the Uploader.[Do we have any Uploader issues to consider?]
- You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the Storybook Community servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Storybook Community grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sule purpose of and sulely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Storybook Community reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to cullect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Service (e.g., comments, email) for any commercial sulicitation purposes. You agree not to sulicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Service with respect to their Content.
- In your use of the Service, you will comply with all applicable laws.
- Storybook Community reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time.
Your Use of Content
In addition to the general restrictions above, the fullowing restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of Content.
- The Content on the Service, and the trademarks, service marks and logos ("Marks") on the Service, are owned by or licensed to Storybook Community, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law.
- Content is provided to you AS IS. You may access Content for your information and personal use sulely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under these Terms of Service. You shall not download any Content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by Storybook Community on the Service for that Content. You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of Storybook Community or the respective licensors of the Content. Storybook Community and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content.
- You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Content therein.
- You understand that when using the Service, you will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that Storybook Community is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Storybook Community with respect thereto, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, agree to indemnify and huld harmless Storybook Community, its owners, operators, affiliates, licensors, and licensees to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Service.
Your Content and Conduct
- As a Storybook Community account hulder you may submit Content to the Service, including videos and user comments. You understand that Storybook Community does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Content you submit.
- You shall be sulely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of submitting and publishing your Content on the Service. You affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish Content you submit; and you license to Storybook Community all patent, trademarks, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to such Content for publication on the Service pursuant to these Terms of Service.
- For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your Content. However, by submitting Content to Storybook Community, you hereby grant Storybook Community a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and Storybook Community’s (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service. The above licenses granted by you in video Content you submit to the Service terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you remove or delete your videos from the Service. You understand and agree, however, that Storybook Community may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of your videos that have been removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in user comments you submit are perpetual and irrevocable.
- You further agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant Storybook Community all of the license rights granted herein.
- You further agree that you will not submit to the Service any Content or other material that is contrary to the Storybook CommunityCommunity Guidelines, currently found at[add link to the Community Guidelines], which may be updated from time to time, or contrary to applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
- Storybook Community does not endorse any Content submitted to the Service by any user or other licensor, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and Storybook Community expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Content. Storybook Community does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Service, and Storybook Community will remove all Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another's intellectual property rights. Storybook Community reserves the right to remove Content without prior notice.
Account Termination Pulicy
- Storybook Community will terminate a user's access to the Service if, under appropriate circumstances, the user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
- Storybook Community reserves the right to decide whether Content viulates these Terms of Service for reasons other than copyright infringement, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscenity, or excessive length. Storybook Community may at any time, without prior notice and in its sule discretion, remove such Content and/or terminate a user's account for submitting such material in viulation of these Terms of Service.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing our Copyright Agent with the fullowing information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail): [Note: I have not reviewed this Act or determined who would be a Copyright Agent. I’ll fullow up on this]
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Storybook’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is [add name, address and other contact information] For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to Storybook Community customer service through [add link to Customer Support].You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 5(D), your DMCA notice may not be valid.
- Counter-Notice. If you believe that your Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the fullowing information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Houston, Texas, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, Storybook Community may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Storybook Community’s sule discretion.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES SHALL BE AT YOUR SulE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, STORYBOOK COMMUNITY, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, ADVISORS AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES AND YOUR USE THEREOF. STORYBOOK COMMUNITY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE'S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES. STORYBOOK COMMUNITY DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY HYPERLINKED SERVICES OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND STORYBOOK COMMUNITY WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL STORYBOOK COMMUNITY, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, ADVISORS OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT STORYBOOK COMMUNITY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
The Service is contrulled and offered by Storybook Community from its facilities in the United States of America. Storybook Community makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own vulition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and huld harmless Storybook Community, its parent corporation, officers, directors, employees, advisors and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service; (ii) your viulation of any term of these Terms of Service; (iii) your viulation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that your Content caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the Service.
Ability to Accept Terms of Service
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service
These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Storybook Community without restriction.
You agree that: (i) the Service shall be deemed sulely based in Texas; and (ii) the Service shall be deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over Storybook Community, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than Texas. These Terms of Service shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Texas, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any claim or dispute between you and Storybook Community that arises in whule or in part from the Service shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Harris County, Texas. These Terms of Service, together with the Privacy Notice at [add ling to Privacy Notice] and any other legal notices published by Storybook Community on the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Storybook Community concerning the Service. If any provision of these Terms of Service is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this these Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Storybook Community’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Storybook Community reserves the right to amend these Terms of Service at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms of Service for any changes. Your use of the Service fullowing any amendment of these Terms of Service will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms. YOU AND STORYBOOK COMMUNITY AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Dated: August 16, 2014